The first Village Innovation Challenge was conducted at Atmakur & Amarchinta mandals, Wanaparthy district, Telangana with an attempt to nurture the mindsets of Unemployed Rural Youth through the approach of establishing a culture of Innovation. The challenge aims at the following things:
- To take the culture of innovation into the village youth.
- To make the youth aware of the frugal approaches to solve the intricate problems of their village.
- To create an alternate approach for an individual youngster to introspect about his/her skill-set.
- To channelize their efforts into the way of Entrepreneurship, with Innovation as a base.
- To initiate the culture of self-reliability in solving problems through innovative approaches at the village level.
The challenge saw 28 villages actively participating in the process, where 4-5 youngsters as a team represented a village to solve the identified problem and conceptualise the solution through 24Hour-Hackathon.